Group Registration for Encounter
Individual Participants: If you would like to attend Encounter With God’s Call as an individual, click here.
Group Registration: Group registration is organized by a diocesan vocations office, a college ministry center, a Catholic high school or a parish. Encounter is free of charge, and all meals are provided.
Dear Group Leaders,
Thank you for promoting priestly vocations and inviting young men to Encounter With God’s Call at Conception Seminary College.
Please read the instructions listed under the five tabs below. Once you are ready to register your group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (660) 944-2987, and we will guide you through the group registration process.
Spring Encounter: April 24-26, 2021
Register by Mid-April
Participants: Encounter With God’s Call serves as both a college seminary visit and a discernment experience for young men who are considering the call to the priesthood. Encounter participants should be:
- High school juniors or seniors, college students or recent graduates (ages 16 to 25).
- Accompanied by adult chaperones, if they are under the age of 18.
Chaperones: We welcome and appreciate priests and other adults who support the young men in their discernment. Encounter chaperones should be:
- At least 21 years old and in compliance with their diocese’s safe environment policies.
Vocation Directors: We especially invite vocation directors to attend an Encounter. It is an opportunity for them to support the participants, visit their seminarians, and to meet with faculty and staff. If a vocation director is attending, but not able to serve as a chaperone through his group’s entire stay, please arrange for an additional chaperone.
Conception Abbey and Seminary College strives to create a safe environment for youth and adults who visit our campus. To achieve this, please follow our policy for Encounter:
Our minor-chaperone ratio is 10:1 with two chaperones to start.
In other words:
- Have at least two chaperones in your group.
- Even if only one person in your group is under 18, we still request two chaperones.
- An appropriate minor-chaperone ratio must be maintained throughout your stay.
A Release of Liability Waiver is needed from all participants under 18 and can be downloaded at the link below.
Distribute the waiver to each minor in your group. Ask the minor participant and a parent/guardian to sign the waiver and attach a copy of their medical insurance card.
Please collect the completed forms and present them at Encounter Check-In. (We advise that you collect the medical insurance information for all group members in case of an emergency.)
To help you plan your group’s stay, download the draft schedule for Encounter.
- For your convenience, early arrivals on Friday evening or Saturday morning are possible. Please call (660)944-2987 to make these arrangements.
- Please remember to indicate on your registration form if your group plans to eat off campus for any meal during Encounter weekend.
- If your group plans to depart on Sunday, we ask that you stay for the closing program: the Vocation Q&A Panel, which is scheduled directly after lunch. During the panel, the Encounter speakers will answer any questions participants may have.
- Priests who plan to concelebrate at Mass should bring their alb and stole.